يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.

الأحد، 1 يناير 2017

Unit 3 Lesson 3 Expressing Wishes



Expressing wishes

Unit 3 Lesson 3 

It's also common to speak about past wishes with the phrase I wish I had (had, done, gone, played, etc.) Here are some examples:
I wish I had had more free time on my business trip last week.
I wish I had stayed in Florence longer.
I wish I had bought that house.
I wish I had invited Tim to the party.

Like the phrase  I wish I had is similar to a conditional form, but this time the past conditional (conditional three). The use of the I wish I had done expresses a situation which is different from what happened in the past. Look at these sentences comparing the two forms:
I wish I had known his name. = If I had known his name, I would have said hello.
I wish I had bough Sarah a present. = If I bought Sarah a present, I wouldn't have been embarrassed.

I wish I had thought of that idea! = If I had thought of that idea, I would be rich!


S + Wish + Past Perfect Tense

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About