يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.

الأحد، 1 يناير 2017

Unit 4 Lesson 4 Confirming information / Asking for things



Unit 4 Lesson 4 

Confirming information / Asking for things 


Asking for things in English doesn't need to be stressful. Just remember some key phrases, and you'll be able to deal with most situations smoothly and confidently!

Asking clerks or at help desks

(Hello.) Can / Could I have ….. please? (Falling intonation)
(Good morning.) Can / Could you give / get me ….. please?
(Good evening.) A table for two, please.

There are certain times in our lives that we need to make sure we understand everything. That’s when clarifying information becomes important. If we want to double-check, we can ask for clarification. If we want to make sure that someone has understood, you can request confirmation that someone has received the message. This type of clarification is especially useful in business meetings, but also in everyday events like taking directions over the telephone, or checking an address and telephone number. Use these phrases to clarify and check information. 

Phrases Used to Rephrase to Double Check
Use these phrases to indicate that you would like to rephrase what someone has said in order to make sure you have understood something correctly.
Can I rephrase what you said / have said?

So, you mean / think / believe that ...
Let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. You ...

Can I rephrase what you mean? You feel it’s important to enter the market now.

Let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. You would like to hire a marketing consultant.


Phrases Used to Ask for Clarification
Could you repeat that?

I’m afraid I don’t understand.
Could you say that again?

Could you repeat that? I think I may have misunderstood you.

I’m afraid I don’t understand how you plan to implement this plan.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About